International manners The correct way to shake hands that Japanese people don't know XNUMX steps (with video)
Do you know how to "shake the right hand"?Did you know that Japan is not a culture of handshakes, so it imitates the appearance and shakes hands incorrectly?Make perfection and gain trust from the most important greetings.
What is written here is just the basics of the introductory level.Please be aware that this is just a basic step and there are many more rules.It also requires solid lessons and training.
Wrong handshake that is common in Japanese
- Shaking hands while bowing
It's a very funny bow with a mixture of Japanese and Western cultures.
The Japanese give the head of the key point, hide their chests and do not make eye contact, and in the West, by stretching their chest and holding their hands and making eye contact, they show no hostility and respect to the other party.
It's too ridiculous to do the opposite movements at the same time, and it's not the right handshake.
- Handshake with both hands
It means bondage or domination.Let's be careful.
- Handshake without eyes
There seems to be a secret.
- Very weak handshake
It is judged that you do not want to shake hands = you do not want to have a friendly relationship.
- Unreasonably strong handshake = NG especially for women.A handshake that is too strong is violent.
- Out-of-place handshake = It is rude to ask a superior to shake hands or to ask a woman to shake hands for the first time.Also, refrain from shaking hands if you are clearly injured or have a handicap.I don't even have my hands dirty or wet.In some countries it is not religiously possible to shake hands.
When you can't or don't want to shake hands
It's really shocking to be refused a handshake in the sense of a Westerner.Because it is a proof of friendship, it makes me feel strange that I wanted friendship but was refused.
That doesn't make you angry, but you lose trust.The important thing here is consideration for the feelings of the other party.
"I'm glad my hands are wet now."
"I will refrain from shaking hands in my country, but thank you. I will do this in my country."
It is desirable to say this.
Even if you make a mistake, refrain from saying "I don't like it! I don't want to shake hands."The other party will be shocked.
XNUMX steps to shake hands
- stand up.If you can't launch it, say "Please excuse me for not standing, but nice to meet you."Put out your right hand.
- We welcome you by looking closely and friendly.
- Say helloIt is more polite if you give it a name.
- Grip it with just the right amount of strength and shake it a couple of times.When you're done, take a step back.
In some cases, you may hold it firmly.This is the case when you conclude a contract or have a strong feeling.In other cases, the correct answer is not too much effort or too much effort.
Greetings are all
In any country, the first greeting determines everything after that.The first impression is decided by the greeting of 3 seconds after meeting.
The major countries for shaking hands are individuals → companies, not companies → individuals, so if you are not recognized as an individual, your chances of work are reduced.
Be very careful with your greetings.
By the way, these XNUMX steps are just the basics, and there are many other ways.
There are some things that you should never do.Each lesson will take an hour to practice.
In the lesson
- Origin and history of handshakes
- Various types of handshakes
- How to shake hands in various situations
- Other greeting methods
- Addition of NG, which is common to Japanese people
- Handshake of implicit understanding signal
- The difference between social and business handshakes is important
- Imperial family / royal family
- Curtsy Curtsy
That's why ICPA has a genuine course on international power that you should acquire.
The ICPA International Certified Comprehensive International Skills Cross-Culture College is Japan's first training of new and true international skills.The cross-cultural responsiveness that has been overlooked until now overcomes the barriers of various cultures and languages caused by learning only English and not changing the basis of communication, and responds smoothly regardless of the country of the other party. It is a skill that can be done, and it will be an indispensable ability for Japan in the future.
We are developing businesses with endless potential in partnership with corporations around the world.
We partner with companies around the world, including the Spanish Diplomat Guidance School, British companies, Indian professionals, Korean companies and Chinese companies to provide local information.
- A very simple way to improve the coexistence of logic and creativity that is essential in the global society
- Having "broad thinking" instead of "good boy" who has a fixed thinking will make the best use of oneself and become an international power.
- International sense is in thinking, and international thinking becomes free and happiness sensitivity increases.
- What is the essential thinking ability on the international stage?Logical Thinking and Critical Thinking
- Studying international liberal arts and manners is not just a study of liberal arts, but a study of designing a truly free life.